> What are you actually trying to accomplish?

I often switch between using my rMBP directly, and plugging it into
this giant monitor. When I'm just using the rMBP's trackpad, I want
the scroll direction to be natural. But when I'm plugged in and using
a mouse, I'd prefer it to be unnatural.

So I'm hoping to find some way of programmatically doing this. Then I
can plug my solution into my Zephyros config and bind it to a global
hotkey. This app is super handy.

It would be even better actually if I could find some notification
that's triggered when you plug into or unplug from an external
monitor, then it would automatically toggle this for me.

I found out that it's the global defaults key
"com.apple.swipescrolldirection", but I can't figure out how to force
every open app to notice the new value when I set it. Seems like I'd
probably have to kill "loginwindow" or something to get the OS to
register that I changed this. And that seems like a dumb idea.

-Steven