It is distressing to me that Interface Builder uses explicit, fixed
coordinates for positioning and sizing its widgets.

That means that, for localization for example, to accomodate the different
numbers of characters in the various languages, you have to create
different nibs for each locale.

ZooLib (http://www.zoolib.org/) doesn't have a visual design tool, so your
UI has to be laid out with explicit C++ code.  But it has a very ingenious
layout mechanism which quite fluidly and intelligently adjusts for changing
sizes, as well as window resizes.

Harmony, give ZooLib a try.  It's a cross-platform application framework.
It runs in particular on OS X and iOS.

It hasn't had a tarball release in eons.  That doesn't mean its development
has been abandoned, just that all its users get the code from revision
control.

It's on both sourceforge and github.  I haven't tried the github stuff, but
that will be more current I think.  The tarball on sourceforge, while quite
old, is quite stable.

Best,

Mike Crawford
mdcrawf...@gmail.com

--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

  Custom Software Development for the iPhone and Mac OS X
  http://www.dulcineatech.com/custom-software-development/