Hi,

I don't think I can attach images here, so I'll link to a stackoverflow
question with images of the layout.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17288279/why-is-this-nsoutlineview-ignoring-layout-constraints

I create 4 constraints with the desire to pin the NSOutlineView to the
edges of it's superview (the NSWindow's contentView). It works, until I
expand/collapse items in the outline view. Then the constraints are ignored
and the outline shrinks.  Why are they ignored? What is it in the outline
view that is taking priority? It's intrinsicContentSize is (-1,-1) which I
thought meant it could be stretched out to satisfy other constraints.

I may be able to post code if that helps.

thanks,
Rob

(I know that you usually put an NSOutlineView in a NSScrollView, but I've
tried to simplify my example to focus on what I don't understand.)