On 2013/07/25, at 10:24, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:

> Well the problem isn't BCP it's security, any backup site would have the same
> issue.
>
> I'm a little surprised, given the login is still active, bug reporter is
> working etc that we don't even have a working triage site with a few bits of
> functionality like provisioning and asset downloads up, perhaps forums too,
> stuff protected only by the normal login. But we don't. Sure hope its soon.

Not all URLs at any domain point to the same applications or security scope.
Web sites are applications and generally spaghetti apps that have things
cobbled together from lots of sources. As they grow overtime it is easy to get
a security mess or at least hard to turn off sections that are security scoped
unless you designed it for that in the beginning.
Anyone who has worked with enterprise software knows how these things can
become a mess that is ignored until critical events occur.
Anyone who has built software over time knows that complexity and fragility
grow as software grows and evolves.
Sometimes you have to start over with architecture even if it ends up looking
the same at the interface level.
Design patterns help, but eventually feature changes that are not part of
wholistic design result in Frankenstein software.
Ecosystems do introduce dependencies.

Give it a rest.
Let them fix things.
You are not alone.
Everyone is affected.
If you have a truly truly urgent update that needs to go out, contact them.

Complain only to the guy in Turkey who caused this without reaching out to them
directly and professionally. His choice of actions caused your grief.
He could have handled things very differently. He did not.