Hi,

I have a NSTableView and I'm setting a particular column to have a custom
NSTextFieldCell subclass object as its cell.

For this I'm doing in awakeFromNib:
    TableViewListCell *aTableViewListCell3 = [[[TableViewListCell alloc] init]
autorelease];
    [[tableViewPresetsMainList tableColumnWithIdentifier:COLUMN_ID_DESC]
setDataCell:aTableViewListCell3];
    [[[tableViewPresetsMainList tableColumnWithIdentifier:COLUMN_ID_DESC]
dataCell] setEditable:YES];

The object value returned for this cell in method, - (id)tableView:(NSTableView
*)aTableView objectValueForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)aTableColumn
row:(NSInteger)rowIndex, is a NSMutableDictionary containing the text to
display in the cell as well an NSImage object to display in the cell.

Then in NSTextFieldCell subclass "TableViewListCell", in method, -
(void)drawInteriorWithFrame:(NSRect)theCellFrame inView:(NSView
*)theControlView, I'm drawing the image (32x32 pixels) and then text to the
right side of image, after obtaining these image and text from the cell's
objectValue, which is the NSMutableDictionary.

Now the problem is that when I click on the cell for editing the text
displayed, the field that pops up shows the value same as description of the
mutable dictionary.
e.g.
{
    Description = "Preset #0";
    Icon = "<NSImage 0x1001a3ab0 Name=Presets Size={32, 32} Reps=(\n
\"NSBitmapImageRep 0x1001f75e0 Size={32, 32} ColorSpace=Device RGB colorspace
BPS=8 BPP=32 Pixels=32x32 Alpha=YES Planar=NO Format=2
CurrentBacking=<CGImageRef: 0x1001f76f0> CGImageSource=0x1005a48e0\"\n)>";
}

Whereas I want to show and edit only the drawn name "Preset #0",.

Also I want to set the editing field's rect to a smaller one, which I guess I
can do by over-riding the method, - (void)editWithFrame:(NSRect)aRect
inView:(NSView*)controlView editor:(NSText*)textObj delegate:(id)anObject
event:(NSEvent*)theEvent

Any suggestions?

Wishes,
Nick