Hi,

I am using a custom field editor for a custom table view cell.

When ever I click on the name field the editor comes into view, but focus ring
is not there and select all doesn't work when using keyboard or mouse or
programmatically. I want the focus ring to be drawn and want to select all of
the previous text so that the user can simply start typing a new name.

Here's the code snippet from the method doubleClickInTableView:

NSTextView *boxText = [[NSTextView alloc] initWithFrame:editRect];
NSTextContainer *textContainer = [boxText textContainer];

// Set up container
[textContainer setContainerSize:NSMakeSize(editRect.size.width,
NSHeight([boxText frame]))];
[textContainer setWidthTracksTextView:NO];
[textContainer setHeightTracksTextView:NO];

// Set up size attributes
[boxText setHorizontallyResizable:YES];
[boxText setVerticallyResizable:NO];
[boxText setTextContainerInset:NSMakeSize(0, 2)];

// Set up editing attributes
[boxText setSelectable:YES];
[boxText setEditable:YES];
[boxText setFocusRingType:NSFocusRingTypeDefault];

// Set up rich text attributes
[boxText setRichText:NO];
[boxText setImportsGraphics:NO];
[boxText setUsesFontPanel:NO];
[boxText setUsesRuler:NO];

// Set up colors
[boxText setDrawsBackground:YES];
[boxText setBackgroundColor:[NSColor textBackgroundColor]];
[boxText setTextColor:[NSColor controlTextColor]];

[boxText setSelectedTextAttributes:aTitleAttributes];
// And most importantly...
[boxText setFieldEditor:YES];
[boxText setDelegate:self];

[sender addSubview:boxText];
[boxText display];
[boxText release];

[boxText setString:stringDisplayed];

[boxText sizeToFit];
[self.window makeFirstResponder:boxText];
[boxText drawFocusRingMask];
[boxText selectAll:self];

I have tried making boxText an ivar and allocating it in awakeFromNib, but
still the same result.
Please help.

Thanks,
Nick