We have a large Mac application that's run on every version of OS X.  Suddenly,
with the release of Mavericks, our users report that some printed reports
produce inverted (actually mirrored across the horizontal from their bottom
edge) results.  These reports are presented to the user first in a window,
where they have the correct appearance (thus, their orientation - and their
"flipped" status - derived from their nibs, seems correct).  The incorrect
output happens ONLY when printing and ONLY when running in Mavericks.  The same
binary produces correct output in 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8.  The binary has been in
the Mac App Store for a month before Mavericks was released.

We've filed a bug report (15328543), but this is such a killer for our
customers we need to find out what's going on and offer them a workaround
(other than de-installing Mavericks) or a fix.  We're stumped however, about
what could happen when printing that might break the presentation of these
NSTableViews (NSScrollView, NSClipView, and NSTableView all respond TRUE to
isFlipped, as they should).  The background view in which they're located
(which is what's passed to the NSPrintOperation) is not flipped, and anything
else in that view including other views, controls, etc. print properly.

Help!  Has anyone encountered this problem?  We're using Xcode 5.0.1 to work
the problem, because we're clearly going to need to resubmit to fix this.
We're so amazed that this issue isn't making noise in the forums that we think
maybe we've been doing something wrong or harmless for years that suddenly
isn't legal in 10.9, but we can't find it.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

John Bishop
Mulligan Software
<mailto:j...@mulligansoftware.com>