On Nov 2, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Charles Constant <charlesism....@gmail.com> wrote:

> In previous versions, iTunes stored its library location as an 'alias ref',
> in the iTunes plist, with the key 'alis:1:iTunes Library Location'. In the
> new version, iTunes 11, it stores the location with the key
> 'RDoc:132:Documents' using some format is a mystery to me.

Are you looking for the library folder or the media folder? The library is
found by looking in the prefs/defaults domain “com.apple.iApps” for a key
“iTunesRecentDatabases” whose value is an array of URLs; the first URL points
to the current XML database file, and the parent directory is the library
directory.

This is independent of the location of the media folder, i.e. where all the
audio files go. I’m not sure how you find that (although of course the XML file
points to the full URLs of all the audio files, so generally you don’t need to
know.)

—Jens