In my app, we have a couple popovers. The navigation bars in these are black in
iOS 6 (as set in IB). But the black bar looks terrible in iOS 7 (the default
blue tint for elements in the bar is nearly invisible on black, and the corners
bleed through white). So in code, if it’s running in iOS 7, I set the barStyle
to UIBarStyleDefault (in -viewDidLoad).

The result is something that looks like a nav bar, but it’s completely
transparent. See here:

Not scrolled:   http://cl.ly/image/0J3o0Q0Y2j3h
Scrolled:       http://cl.ly/image/250v351Q2L1l

The barTintColor is nil.

However, if I set it to opaque (black or otherwise) in IB, the bar does the
blurring, and the style is default, and tint and bar colors are the same (blue
and nil).

Any ideas what’s going on?

TIA,
--