On 12 Nov 2013, at 5:51 pm, 2551 <2551p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, understood. However, I probably didn’t make it clear that I actually
> need to do both. i.e., remove the quote formatting AND set a particular
> default font and color.

Yep, I got that.

> Still not sure how to go about doing the latter or why the Attributes panel
> settings are apparently a waste of space.

They’re not a waste of space, but it depends what you’re trying to do. If you
have some text already set in the view (in IB), you can style it using the
attributes settings. But if the view is initially
empty, you have to set the typing attributes and bear in mind that this setting
is fragile. The cocoabuilder article appears to cover it pretty well.

—Graham