Is it possible to use NSURLSession + Bonjour to do peer-to-peer like
file transfers? My example situation is that I have a Mac and iPhone.
The iPhone has a generated file I want to copy over to the Mac through
the wireless.

I can publish my iPhone via Bonjour and make my Mac discover and
resolve the address. I try to create a NSURLSessionDownloadTask on my
Mac and a NSURLSessionUploadTask on my iPhone.

My DownloadSession (from Mac) connects to the advertised Bonjour
service (iPhone). But when I create the UploadSession (iPhone), I get
a NSErrorFailingURLStringKey.

Networks are not my strong suit, so I really don’t know if I'm on the
right path. (On the iPhone, I picked a random socket to advertise on.
When I resolve it on my Mac and create the DownloadSession, it
connects on that same port which triggers the iPhone to create an
UploadSession. I originally tried using getpeername to reuse the same
port, but also tried hardcoding a free port that both could connect
to. Neither seemed to help.) I’m also a bit confused on how to convert
NSNetService to NSURLs which can be fed to NSURLRequests for
NSURLSessions. (I basically take the NSNetService hostName and port
properties and generate a string of the form:
"http://hostName:port/";).

My eventual goal is to make this work with non-Apple devices too, e.g.
a Mac pulls from an Android device instead of iPhone. So I was looking
at NSURLSession because I assumed it used a standard protocol that
would be easy to talk with on other platforms.

Thanks,
Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development