On 10 Apr 2014, at 17:09, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

>> Is the only workaround to wrap such controls in another view and collapse
>> the superview instead?
>
> If you want to remove a view, you should really remove it from its superview.
> You could look into NSStackView, which will do this automatically if
> constraints cannot be satisfied.

The point is that I don’t want to remove the view (as that will remove its
constraints) I just want to resize it and trigger the superview layout.
I have been using NSStackView extensively but it’s a bit of a heavy duty
solution in this case as the subviews have to be added programatically at
present until IB support catches up.