I'm doing this:

- (void)mouseMoved:(NSEvent *)theEvent {
  NSPoint where = [theEvent locationInWindow];
  where = [self convertPoint:where fromView:nil];   // Convert to the
view's frame of reference

  NSLog(@"Mouse Y: %3.0f", where.y);
}

And the results are as described previously. This is the means that Apple
docs said to use to convert the window coordinates to view coordinates...
am I missing something?

Eric Shepherd
Gmail: the.she...@gmail.com
Twitter: sheppy