On Thu, May 22, 2014, at 07:00 PM, Graham Cox wrote:
> I still have a problem doing this though. In the video, a custom table
> row view is shown as a subview of the table, and sure enough, the
> identifier and class can be set there. But when I try it, there is no
> such view available, neither already part of the table, nor as a 'table
> row view' type I can drag in from the palette (there are table cells, but
> not rows).

You're right, it appears there is no NSTableRowView in the palette.
There aren't many useful properties to be set on an instance, so I can
see why it would be omitted in lieu of just using a Custom View and
changing its class, but I think that perhaps it would be worth including
anyway for purposes of clarity.

> If I attempt to just drag a plain custom view, it's not
> possible to drop it onto the table view - it refuses the drop, or else it
> incorrectly ends up as a subview of the custom cell view there.

Did you remember to set your table view to View Based mode first? I just
successfully dropped a Custom View _below_ the existing text cell view
in a table view in Xcode 5.1.1.

--Kyle Sluder