Thanks for the reply!

You are right that `splitView:additionalEffectiveRectOfDividerAtIndex:`
looks better. I tried id but it still exhibits the said behavior.

But I noticed that the "grab area" is indeed wider than 1px (perhaps it is
even 5px!) but the mouse cursor does not turn into `resizeUpDownCursor` (?)
when hovering above the divider. Hence it is very confusing why would one
want to grab the divider when the cursor is the default text selection one.

Btw., when I don't do `setDocumentView` for the textviews, the cursor shows
up as expected.

Why is this happening? Is it possible to have the resizing cursor over the
whole divider frame?

This is the code I'm using: http://pastebin.com/ZnW8LWyT