Thanks for the reply again! The problem is I now tried to only copy-paste
from the Apple docs and Cocoa with Love and I still get the said behavior.
That is, when I move the mouse cursor slowly across the divider it changes
back to text selection cursor right after leaving the splitting line. In
picture:

         X <-- resize cursor
         | <-- text selection cursor

         ^ moving mouse from here in the upper direction

Why does not the cursor continue to be of the resize variety for the
additional 2 pixels?

I pastebin'ed a sample code here: http://pastebin.com/RBJXMBqh , if you or
someone else want to try this. Just paste the code into Terminal...

PS: Perhaps even more importantly, does anyone else sees this kind of
behavior at all?