Sweet!  That does totally work.

Why did it compile if it's an incomplete type?  Shouldn't that be something
that you catch at compile time in a type-safe language?

I'm always hesitant about type inference in Swift because you have a 50-50
chance of the compiler not understanding at all and complaining about $T89
intermediate types not equating to Float.  And that's if your line isn't 81
characters long (i.e. longer than an arbitrary amount) and too confusing
for the compiler all together, in which case you should "consider breaking
up the expression".

I appreciate the quick help. =D

--
Daniel Blakemore