That is what the wrappers I took from Avalon that I posted AGES
AGO do!

You are relearning all the stuff from zero instead of looking at
tested code written by people with more experience on logging
(not me - Peter Donald).

I once saw a minimal common interface for logging from Ceki and
basically it was very much as the one that Peter designed too.
This means that the logging guys agree at least on this interface
(and not much else (o;= ).

It would be great to just learn from their experience, no?

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar