At 09:04 pm 13-01-2002 -0800, you wrote:

> > Does it make sense to have an XML defining a DynaClass for DynaBeans? Then,
> > instead of 'hard-coding' the definitions of the DynaBeans in code, they can
> > be loaded dynamically from the schema files.
> >

>I think it would make a nice add-on to the DynaBeans implementation
>classes to have ways to preconfigure them from XML input.  However, I
>believe that this should be a feature of an implementation, rather than
>getting baked in to the fundamental DynaBeam API contracts.

Yes, agree.

> > Secondly, does it make sense to have some JAXB equivalence for DynaBeans?
> >

>Conceptually, it makes some sense, although JAXB seems to be focused on
>generating "standard" JavaBenas that match the format of the XML data.
>Alternatively, we could consider adding an XML configuration format (as
>you mentioned above) as addressing the need that JAXB addresses.
>
>However, my biggest concern is what version of JAXB you do this for -- the
>final release may or may not look anything like the Early Access release
>that has been made available, so it might be a little premature.

Oh, when I said "JAXB equivalence", I was thinking of something equivalent
in functionality (i.e. binding XML <-> DynaBean instance), not necessary
the API contract.

So, basically, what I have in mind are:

1. An add-on to allow you to specify the 'schema' in XML. The add-on will
read the XML and initialize the DynaClass.

2. An add-on to allow you to bind XML <-> DynaBean instance.

In principle, (1) and (2) are orthogonal. In practice, however,
implementation of (2) usually uses (1) to manage the schema/metadata.

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]         w: +(65) 873 5989

Scioworks Camino - "Rapid WebApp Assembly for Struts"