>StoreJanitorImpl: you can register your Memory Stores in
>this class. A background Thread checks if memory running
>slow in you JVM and if yes it frees some objects out of the
>registered Stores.

Hi,
I think it is better to use java.lang.ref.* to solve problems related to
memory management.
Application threads are not permitted  in EJB container and I believe GC
will do it better.

It is from JDK documentation :
"Soft reference objects, which are cleared at the discretion of the garbage
collector in response to memory demand. Soft references are most often used
to implement memory-sensitive caches. "