Well, in a way you already had credit from Avalon several times.

I already saw several posts from Peter mentioning ideas he got
from Avalon and he often exhibits a lot of knowledge about its
internals.

In is a pity that Peter and Ceki do not have a better understanding
but it is clear that there is a lot of cross pollination between
the Log4J and LogKit teams.

My personal dislike on the commons process since mid December
was the opposition to cross pollination just because of personal
issues, AFAIK.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar