> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:41, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > At the time commons was created, Avalon was notorious for changing
> > interfaces without even so much as a moments notice.  The rationalle
given
> > was that Avalon was still in alpha - interminably so.
>
> And here he goes again. Interesting comment given that you know the
relative
> stability of projects given your work with GUMP. I guess I should expect
it
> but I had thought you were better than that.

Nice attempt at rewriting history, but I had been using Avalon before you
actually joined the project, and I gave up somwhere afterwards. Gump keep
detailed records about what changes, but the devlopment of Avalon was even
more unstable before (I followed the changes, and none of them appeared to
be for any legitimate reason other than cosmetic). So after a while, I
decided I would rather rewrite a component rather than depend on
org.apache.avalon (of course, the components from Avalon depend on the
framework, so if you use one, you have to use the framework).

In recent times, Avalon has been starting to deprecate first, and it almost
seem you can talk with Peter (although I didn't try myself yet). So it seems
the situation is a lot better now, and that's good for everyone :)

Remy