On Wednesday, January 30, 2002, at 01:47 PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Paulo Gaspar wrote:

<snip>

>> My personal dislike on the commons process since mid December
>> was the opposition to cross pollination just because of personal
>> issues, AFAIK.
>

> My observation as well.  Sad isn't it?

i'm *REALLY* fed up with paulo's continual misrepresentation.

paulo continues to display his ignorance of the origins of commons-logging.
  my personal issue with cross pollination from avalon into commons-logging
is that using avalon was vetoed to death in the original debates.
commons-logging was set up with a commitment to independence. if i was to
add code from avalon, i would not only go against the expressed will of
the commons but also against the expressed aims of commons-logging. as
i've said many times, if paulo wanted to change those things, he should
have made a proposal and put it to the vote.

there is a big distinction between liking some and being willing to
advocate it. i actually think that logkit is cool but i'm not willing to
debate the merits of different logging systems and i'm certainly not going
to act as an advocate for any particular one.

i think that i'm now finished wasting my time on this.

- robert