On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:48, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > Peter probably has nothing to do with some of the server components in
> > Avalon, but he has a binding vote for them.  How is that resolved?  That
> > is the same problem.
>
>  I don't know enough about Avalon and Peter's role.  Doesn't seem to be the
> same problem if they are making a coherent server framework.

Avalon is no more or less coherent than Commons.

> We aren't, right?

Thats the theory...

> >> I don't think there is *any* downside to that model, as
> >> people who are committed and interested and want a role in a
> >> component will get involved in what I understand the
> >> traditional Apache/Jakarta way is...
> >
> > There is not a downside to that model, IMHO.  That would have worked
> > fine as well.  But I do think that Commons has an advantage with the
> > sandbox and the diverse group of committers.
>
> Both of which you would get with the common model - everyone has rights in
> the sandbox (it's one singular CVS) and they are still as diverse a
> community as they are now.

privlidge to CVS != privlidge to vote

Besides theres no formal voting infrastructure for sandbox I thought they
were run like revolutions?

--
Cheers,

Pete

The big mistake that men make is that when they turn thirteen or fourteen and
all of a sudden they've reached puberty, they believe that they like women.
Actually, you're just horny. It doesn't mean you like women any more at
twenty-one than you did at ten.                --Jules Feiffer (cartoonist)