On 2/1/02 5:20 PM, "Peter Donald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:48, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>> Peter probably has nothing to do with some of the server components in
>>> Avalon, but he has a binding vote for them.  How is that resolved?  That
>>> is the same problem.
>>
>>  I don't know enough about Avalon and Peter's role.  Doesn't seem to be the
>> same problem if they are making a coherent server framework.
>
> Avalon is no more or less coherent than Commons.

Really - you are saying that the parts of Avalon have no organized
relationship?  Or that the relationships are *exactly equal* to that of the
organized relationships in Commons?

>> We aren't, right?
>
> Thats the theory...

>>> There is not a downside to that model, IMHO.  That would have worked
>>> fine as well.  But I do think that Commons has an advantage with the
>>> sandbox and the diverse group of committers.
>>
>> Both of which you would get with the common model - everyone has rights in
>> the sandbox (it's one singular CVS) and they are still as diverse a
>> community as they are now.
>
> privlidge to CVS != privlidge to vote
>
> Besides theres no formal voting infrastructure for sandbox I thought they
> were run like revolutions?

?  I don't follow.

What I was saying is that Commons could still retain the sandbox as a "no
voting, no releasing, do what you want with who you want" work area...

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting