On 2/3/02 3:29 PM, "Ted Husted" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:
>> Without resorting to legal reasons, and actually going into the
>> hypothetical, why wouldn't we let Bryan into the sandbox to pursue Simper
>> with other Commons committers?
>
> I don't hand out the karma around here, so it's not my decision.

It's a group decision.

> If someone asked me to vote on the idea of opening a Jakarta CVS to a
> non-committer, I would vote -1.

You are missing the point, I think.

We as a group decide to make new people  committers all the time.  They are
'non-committers' before we do that.

I was once a 'non-committer' and then I became a 'commiter'.

In previous posts, you suggested that the specific rules of Commons
prevented us from deciding to bring someone into the fold, specifically into
the sandbox.  "Our hands are tied" was your specific statement, which was
never clarified...

> But I believe the people to ask if the idea is even valid would be Sam,
> Brian, and Roy.

You want me to ask Sam Brian and Roy if we can bring in new committers?

Your superbowl party start early or something?

;)

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting