My only concern is that we end up having an idea for some
other type of filter, not web servlet related and maybe
even more generic. Then having Servlet filers in a
"o.a.j.commons.filters" will get confusing.

Lets also consider that the official Servlet 2.3 filter
interfaces are placed in the "javax.servlet" package and
not at "javax.filters".

BTW, I would not mind
  "org.apache.jakarta.commons.servlet"

but this would be ok for other web-server related
components too.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>