I just discovered Http Client about a week ago.  It's just what I need
for a project that I'm working on.  I have a few questions, though:

1.  In message
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03518.html
Rodney intimates that that Http Client is close to being a 2.0 release.
How close is it to being officially released?

2.  Does Http Client support SOCKS proxies?  Which of the system
properties (e.g., socks.proxyHost, socks.proxyPort) do I need to set for
both SOCKS and non-SOCKS proxies?

3.  Part of my application needs to download binary files.  I currently
do it in a loop "read"ing bytes from a BufferedInputStream chained to a
URLConnection's InputStream.  I tried a similar approach with
HttpConnection's ResponseInputStream but the BufferedInputStream returns
eof (-1) on the first read. PostMethod.getResponseBody seems to work
fine but was slower than my current implementation.  Can anyone give me
a good approach for binary file download?

Thanks,

Bill Cutshall
Carnegie Technology Education
[EMAIL PROTECTED]