hi james

On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 05:33 AM, James Strachan wrote:

> From: "robert burrell donkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip>

>> i should probably say something about the changes to
>> org.apache.commons.betwixt.io.BeanWriter since they are quite extensive.
> i'
>> ve tried to separate the actual writing from the logic concerning
>> processing the descriptors . the writing code should now live in small
>> expressXXX methods and some duplication has been reduced.
>
> Cool.
>
> I've been musing over possible ways to make it easy for users of betwixt
> 'walk' the XML tree for a certain bean. Maybe once there's a few different
> ways of outputting a bean, text, SAX & DOM (*) then we could maybe
> refactor
> the code to make it easier & share code. Just thinking aloud here...

this is pretty much what i was (am) thinking too :)

the logic's too complex to get right in different places without sharing.
i'd like to pull out all the logic into an abstract superclass which will
call expressXXX type methods. this should make it easier to implement
other ways of output since it should be clear which methods are required.
i agree that the signatures will be probably change a lot once we start
looking at different implementation but hopefully they'd give us some sort
of basis to start with.

- robert