From: "James Strachan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Incidentally, there's an expression language I refer to as JEL (Java
Expression Language) - I'm hoping the name catches on like JSTL did ;-). Its
used in JSTL, will be native in JSP soon and I think JSF uses it too. Its
quite similar to a superset of the expression language currently supported
by beanutils. Right now it exists in the JSTL reference implementation over
at jakarta-taglibs in the 'standard' taglib and hopefully its gonna move
over to jakarta commons sometime soon.

When JEL moves over here, we're gonna have a seperate commons component for
parsing and evaluating complex expressions on beans, Maps, Lists, arrays
(and hopefully DynaBeans too). So maybe its a good idea to consider
expression languages as being logically seperate from an 'introspection
wrapper'.  i.e. that DynaBeans can be used as a great wrapper around
introspection while supporting new features like mapped properties and
DynaBeans themselves too and that expression languages should be used
seperately, either via the API in beanutils right now or the JEL which will
arrive here later.

Does that sound a reasonable strategy?

James