>The problem is in org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.
>For example, if the server sent 2 "Content-Length: 455" headers,
>the header instance will get a value like "455, 455", which
>can not be parsed into integer. Attachment is my modified code.

The root problem is that the types are mixed up in the header map.
A map value is either a String or a list containing Strings - hopefully.
This mixture might save a few bytes of memory but causes all kind of
programming headache. You always have to find out which kind of value
your dealing with and act upon it appropriately. This is - as the
above-quoted bug message demonstrates - error-prone and time-consuming.

Is there a chance to change that? I'd like to see the second variant,
i.e. get rid of the String-only stuff.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH i. Gr.
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423