> I think POSIX would argue that -buildfile is the '-b' option
> with an argument of 'uildfile'.  Or possibly equiv to
> -b -u -i -l -d -f -i -l -e.
>
> A dash preceeds a single-character switches (or a sequence of single
> character switches), while 2 dashes preceed a 'word'-based switch.
>
> I was intentionally staying POSIXy with CLI.
>
> So, right now, -1 on the '-buildfile' type of option, unless
> convinced otherwise.
Fair point.  I forgot about that.  Could we extend cli to
support functionality like this?  We could have specific Options
implementations e.g. PosixOptions.

e.g.
interface PosixOptions
{
  // required methods
}

class PosixOptionsImpl implements PosixOptions
{
  // implement all of the methods on PosixOptions
  // and have them delegate appropriately to
  // Options or other classes were appropriate
  // e.g. PosixParser, SimpleParser
}

interface CommandLineParser
{
  public List parse( String[] args );
}

class PosixParser implements CommandLineParser
{
  ..
}

class SimpleParser implements CommandLineParser
{
  ..
}

I haven't gone through the whole scenario but they
are my initial thoughts on it.

-John K