> > I think POSIX would argue that -buildfile is the '-b' option
> > with an argument of 'uildfile'.  Or possibly equiv to
> > -b -u -i -l -d -f -i -l -e.
>
> I would agree, except that Sun seem happy to use the -buildfile style.
> Supporting both seems important to me.

That's a slipperly slope though.  We're all angered when Microsoft
embraces and extends a technology or standard.  I think we should have
a similar reaction when Sun, IBM or anyone else does it too.

It'd be fine, if we follow John's suggestion of having different
styles of parser, possibly even with the POSIX one as the default.
You should have to go out of your way to do something non-standard
(non-POSIX, in this case).

        -bob