>       Are there plans to replace JOCL with Digester for this release ?
>We're using DBCP with JOCL for an application which will go to
>production soon. And we'd like to know the road-map for moving it to
>digester.

As it's designed now (or as it was a month ago), pool and DBCP are
not very Digester friendly.  The classes don't follow the javabean
conventions, and Digester works best when it can do everything with
BeanUtils.

When I first dipped into Pool, I casually started trying to refactor
it to use digester, and things got tricky pretty quickly.  Of course,
I don't know the APIs very well, so I probably would have been better
off getting to understand them before just trying to tweak it all
around.

Also, the two-part variability of pool and dbcp made it hard for me
to come up with a single digester process that would handle both
packages.

I had to get something done, and it didn't really need to use "pool",
so I left it at that and haven't taken the time to get back to it.
(I have to admit that i'm also kind of waiting to see how the
competing pool implementations thing plays out, since for most things
I've already got a connection pooling solution that I don't need to
replace.)

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
        --Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>