I semi-agree.  It seems that the project.xml is
adequate for the list of committers.  However, using
that file to document dependencies is not very
effective.  There's a big difference between what you
need to run an end-to-end Maven distribution and what
you need to execute the core tags.  Dependencies would
be a bit tricky to document in a simple DTD; types of
dependency will vary from project to project.

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons