Hey all,

I finished a rough cut conversion of the Latka tags
and validators to Jelly.  The Jelly tags have syntax
identical to the previous Latka tags.  I think it will
be pretty easy to emulate Latka variables inside the
Jelly expression language (JEXL).  With a patch I made
to Jelly this week, I think even the lack of a
namespace declaration in existing scripts will not be
a problem.

I believe that the functionality of the Jelly tags is
actually a complete superset of the previous
implementation.  The command line interface should be
able to function unchanged if converted to a Jelly
backend, but the new tags will make it much easier to
run Latka inside applications like Ant and JUnit.  I
propose that we make Jelly one of Latka's
dependencies, so that we can remove the XML handlers
and processors that support the previous tags.  In my
view, the Jelly implementation is much cleaner and
will render the old tags unnecessary.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange