Thanks for the offer!  Contributions  are always welcome and there is a lot
of information at the Jakarta site to help directly answer some of your
questions ( like how to contribute, patches, etc ).  The current release
state of the net package is "in process".  The nightly builds are fine ( We
use them in production ) but we ( Jakarta )  want to have more unit tests
and developers contributing to the project before promotion to
Jakarta/Commons and a 1.0 release.

There is a to-do list on the web site and patches are always welcome, Thanks
again!

Jeffrey D. Brekke                                   Quad/Graphics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              http://www.qg.com