> Rodney, you are the main instigator of this subpackage [...]
> Any objections to the remove primitives from the release plan?

If "remove from the release plan" simply means you'll exclude
o.a.c.c.primitives.* from the binary and source distributions--i.e., that I
don't have to do anything--then I'm fine with it.  I've got other public
code that relies upon o.a.c.c.primitives.*, so I'd like to keep it
accessible in the CVS head and in the nightly binaries if possible.

It'll probably be a few days before I get a chance to start coding on that
anyway.  In the meantime if anyone else is itching to do it, have at it.