From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:jason@;zenplex.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 11:33 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [sql] Refactor JDBCTransformTask

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 07:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I had the same issue with JDBCTransformTask last week for a task at work,
so I started writing MetadataReader in the io subpackage. I've committed the
new class and some additional properties and functionality to the model
(Table, Column, and TypeMap). The MetadataReader only deals with tables and
columns in the first iteration since I didn't have time at work, but the
code is there and should be able to made to work with a few tweaks, which I
hope to get to this week unless somebody beats me to it :)

> It also isn't an ant task yet since the clock was ticking and running it
from the command line was all I needed short-term.

Russell's patches are actually more complete.

> This may not be the most appropriate way to go about achieving the
separation but it worked for me and there is at least a starting point.

Without any previous discussion I would ask that you please back out all
your changes so that I can apply Russell's patches cleanly.

<mailto:commons-dev-help@;jakarta.apache.org>
--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl