I agree with you about the protection.  It can be a snapshot view of a particular
collection that
can be used forever.  The looping ability is the value, not the fail-fast behaviour,
in my book.
My point was that I was saying it would've been nice to have the thing fail fast, but
it's not as
important as the looping quality, especially if it's hard to provide!  I was
supporting you.

Can you send me the code?  I think I may've joined the list right after you posted it.
 You may
want to provide a refresh() method that reinitializes a LoopingIterator with the
contents of an
array/collection (especially with a saved reference to its parent collection)-- I
could see myself
using it.  I definitely don't think it should be an inner class of anything; I wanna
be able to
drop it into a project without using anything else from Collections (for instance, if
I'm
space-constrained on a project).  I can think of plenty of uses for this thing in a
wireless app,
for instance.

Regards,

Jeff