On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Martin van Dijken wrote:

> I checked the collections jarfile and the FastHashMap.class file is
> present there. Anybody got a clue what's going wrong?

No.  That's odd.  I'll guess that commons-collections isn't really in your
compile-time classpath.  That particular class is probably one of the few
collections classes needed at compile-time, most the dependency on
collections comes in at runtime via commons-pool.

Gump was able to build it all from scratch recently
<http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/>, which also suggets a local
environment issue.

You can use the -verbose option (or is it -debug?) to Ant to have it spell
out the javac classpath, which may help you to diagnose the problem.  It
looks like DBCP has a maven buildfile as well, if you want to go that
route.