The last time this came up, we got a lot of +1's to move
it from the sandbox, but then arguments were made to actually
move jelly not just to the commons proper but to a bonafide
top-level project.

Though, that'd mean changing the packaging also from
org.apache.commons.jelly.* to org.apache.jelly.* which introduces
compatbility issues.

So, I think this needs further discussion before a vote.

I'd personally like to see Jelly become a top-level project,
so I'm -0 to moving it the commons proper.

        -bob

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> I think Jelly might be far enough along now for us to
> prepare some beta releases.  I propose that we focus
> on stabilizing the API and work out the remaining
> issues.  I also volunteer to be release manager for
> 1.0.  Any objections?
>
> Assuming that everyone is comfortable with starting
> the release process, I'll launch a couple of threads
> this week concerning what issues I have with Jelly in
> its current state.  Feel free to bring up issues of
> your own.  Also, we should examine the Maven script
> and determine which of Jelly's dependencies are also
> unreleased.  We might want to encourage releases for
> them as well.
>
> - Morgan
>
> =====
> Morgan Delagrange