Wiki was created about a month ago by Pier F. and Andrew C. Oliver.  I
believe that a lot of the discussion happened on the infrastructure list in
December.

I was creating a project page for Codec, in hopes of getting some consensus.
Codec has been languishing in recent months, and maybe some of the people
who were discussing the codec package could come to a consensus via a TODO
list.  I've got some patches to submit for codec, but I was going to wait
until I could get some consensus on the previous issues that were being
discussed - CodecProjectPages can serve as an open informal planning
mechanism.  When I created CodecProjectPages, I assumed that it would be
wise to preserve the hierarchy on the HomePage.

Wiki is not a replacement for formal documentation or mailing lists.  Just a
place where docs and plans can be developed, eventually some of the Wiki
content can naturally be moved into official xdoc.  Take a look at
Log4JProjectPages, and "James" for some good examples.

On a related note, [codec] is languishing.  We've had two code submissions
that haven't been taken up in recent months.  I think it might be time for a
repolishing of the proposal.  My DayJob is 24/7 these days, but I'll take a
crack at a project plan in the coming week if no one else steps up to the
plate.

--------
Tim O'Brien