On an unrelated note (but as long as you're looking at a future API), I
have a program that needs to do some post-processing on the argument
values for certain options.  This is impossible in your current (v1.0)
implementation (nor in v2.0a).  In my current application, I've updated
Option and CommandLine to have a setValues() method, and that fixes my
immediate problem, but ideally it would be nice to allow for the execution
of a functor on the sighting of the option, and on each argument.
Something like:

OptionBuilder.onOption(OptionFunctor)
ArgumentBuilder.onValue(ArgumentFunctor)

Where the functors are interfaces implementing the following:
void OptionFunctor.execute(Option option) // Option is passed in so the
same functor can be used for multiple options
String ArgumentFunctor.execute(String argument) // the argument is passed
in, and the final argument that is stored as a value is returned

I'm still working out with my company as to
A) whether I'm allowed to use jakarta software, and
B) whether I'm allowed to contribute

But if both turn out true, and there's support for this idea, I'd be
willing to take a pass at the implementation.

Regards,
Michael Lanzetta