Tim O'Brien wrote:
Eeek.  I'll respond on the list only in that it might be of reference to
someone in the future.  95% of my problems are solved via
groups.google.com...

1. Make sure you are not hitting the public repository - you should
either hit CVS using pserver and portforwarding, or ext with CVS_RSH=ssh

Yes, I was dragging around /home/cvspublic directories from my old anonymous checkout. This is resolved in the following line of perl on the commiters page, since I didn't use it to convert the anonymous checkout on my crappy Windowz laptop. I ran into problems

% cd your-project-working-directory
% find . -type d -name CVS \
> | perl -pe 's,(.*CVS$),$1/Root,' \
> | xargs perl -pi -e \
> 's,:pserver:anoncvs(.+:/home/cvs)public,:ext:username$1,'
% cvs -q update -dP

thanks again for the tip. -M.

2. Look at the avail file in CVSROOT - this is the font from which karma
flows - make sure your name in on the same line as
jakarta-commons-sandbox

Tim