Has there been any discussion about the possibility of adding some work to Commons somewhere for common financial functions? I don't know if this necessarily falls in the scope of the Math project, or if I would need to submit a proposal, or if there is any general interest in this.

Some of the functionality that I'm thinking about is things like:
- Number of periods to bring an annuity to a target value (or pay off a loan - i.e., NPER)
- Calculation of interest and principal for current payment
- Amortization schedules
- Minimum payment amount calculations, given an interest rate, principal, desired payoff date, etc.

Let me know if there's enough interest for me to put together a proposal (or if this need is already met elsewhere).

Thanks,
Will Stranathan