Morten Primdahl wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering what the rationale behind not having the close()
method on the interface is? The DefaulFileSystemManager has
the implementation of this method, and it would make working
with VFS.getManager() a little nicer.

What's the status on this project BTW? I've noticed patches
submitted here, but they didn't make it to the CVS. Are efforts
slowing down or?

I am wondering the same. VFS is a really good project and I hate to see it languish in the commons sandbox. What can we as a community do if we send patches or provide new code which is never comitted into the CVS.

I suppose the most drastic solution is to fork the code into SourceForge, but I hate to do that if there is no reason for it.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden