Mark Lewis wrote:
Serge,

I'm using DBCP in a production environment.  It actually does support
validation queries to detect whether a connection is bogus or not.

Yes, but that doubles the # of SQL statements. And I actually have probably no more than 8 SQL statements in total (all prepared), so the issue is not the SQL but the connection.

I can provide sample code if you'd like.  But like David said earlier,
DBCP is pretty much a dead project.  It works well enough for my needs,
but I'm not sure I'd integrate it into a project right now.

Do you know of anything else in Apache that could handle this? Anybody know what Tomcat is using at this point?

On a related note, does anybody know what the status of
PreparedStatement pooling is in the latest DBCP release?  It seems
broken to me, but I might be doing something wrong.

We'd like that feature as well (since like I say we have so few SQL statements), but that's a bummer if it's broken. From the API it seems like it would work.

--
Serge Knystautas
President