--- "Mark R. Diggory" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anton Tagunov wrote:
> > 3)
> >
> > BTW, probably does the future introduction of Generics (Java 1.5)
> > promise any opportunities to work with primitive values and yet
> > have no code duplication (a bit like STL)?
> >

> I've not spent much time looking at Generics yet. I have allot to learn
> in this area.

I believe for our purposes it suffices to describe generics as the ability to
write something like (I'm too lazy to look up the exact syntax):

ArrayList<Double> myArray = new ArrayList()<Double> ;
Double d ;
int position = 0 ;

myArray.add( new Double( 1.0 ) ) ;

// Here's the part where generics make life easier.  Look, Ma, no cast:
d = myArray.get( position ) ;

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou