On 7/20/03 12:25 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> For a 2.1/3.0 release a StringUtilsNPE could be added to provide the harsh
> null behaviour (null input -> NPE)

I'd like to note that if one wants NPEs, one can usually write code like

    str.length() == 0

instead of

    StringUtilsNPE.isEmpty()

I for one find the null-handling behavior of StringUtils to be its primary
benefit, so I don't have to write

   if ((str != null)  &&  (...))

all the time.

Of course, since one of my primary "Coding Values" is that my code be clear,
unambiguous, and non-misleading,  I still must gripe that the proposed use
of isEmpty is blatently misleading.  But since it seems like there is
nothing close to consensus on this issue, my non-vote on the names would be
a 0 rather than a -1.

.T.